The Regional Implementation Initiative (RII) organises a conference on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the UN Palermo Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons. Against this background, the RII invites interested stakeholders to take part in the expert talk on human trafficking that focuses on the question „Is there a chance to win the battle“.
The expert talk takes place online via live-stream on the 20th of November 2020, 15.00-17.00 CET.
The event takes place with:
- Anneliese Rohrer, Journalist, former Editor-in-Chief of ‘die Presse’, Co-Producer of the Film ‘Fatal Promises‘ 2009
- Kristiina Kangaspunta, UNODC, Head of Global Report on Trafficking in Persons, former Deputy Director of the UN Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute UNICRI
- Evelyn Probst, Board Member of the NGO Network ‘La Strada International’,Coordinator of LEFÖ-Intervention Centre for Trafficked Women and Girls (IBF), Austria
- Peter v. Bethlenfalvy, Executive Director, CEIPA Center for European and International Policy Action, Belgium, former Chief of IOM Missions in Brussels, Rome, Berlin, Vienna
- Stefano Volpicelli, Sociologist, Independent Expert and Consultant, Italy
- Kiril Sharapov, Researcher, Associate Professor of Applied Social Sciences, Edinburgh Napier University
- Eva Dimovne-Keresztes, Policy Officer in the Anti-trafficking Team of the European Commission
The event can be accessed here. Registration is not required.