On the 14th of September, the Regional Implementation Initiative (RII) of the IDM organises an International Expert Round Table dedicated to “Understanding the Linkages between (Labour) Exploitation, Migration and Human Trafficking in Vienna (AT).
The think tank event aims at exchanging insights from research and practice on how exploitation links to human trafficking and migration. In doing so, experts and practitioners discuss pragmatic solutions and potentials that challenge the current modus operandi in European policies.
Three panels address the following subjects:
- Narrowing the Gap between Theory and Reality
- Discouraging Exploitation in the Context of Human Trafficking & Migration
- Challenging EU Policies on Human Trafficking for Labour Exploitation – including Return and Reintegration Schemes
The round table takes place at the premises of the Chamber of Labour in Vienna on the 14th of September, 10.00-16.00 CET. The Round Table will be held in English – no interpretation. Attending the Round Table is free of charge. Registration is obligatory and will be open between 27 August – 10 September 2021. Please register by clicking at the following link.
The event takes place in cooperation with Priority Area 10 “Institutional Capacity and Cooperation; CEIPA, Act Now and the Human Rights Office of the City of Vienna. It is supported by the Federal Chancellery of Austria (Federal Minister for Women, Families and Youth), the Federal Ministry for Social Affairs, Health, Care and Consumer Protection of Austria, and the State Government of Styria, Austria.
- Draft Agenda
- Regional Implementation Initiative
- PA 10 |World Day Against Trafficking in Persons – enhancing cooperation in the Danube Region | Article, 30 July 2021
- PA 10 | Targets and Actions