PHOTO: BRUNO MIRA | UNSPLASH
The European Commission’s Comprehensive Plan for Administrative Capacity-building (ComPAct) responds to the critical need for resilient, innovative, and skilled national public administrations. Aimed at enhancing the European Administrative Space, ComPAct addresses challenges faced by Member States and promotes collaborative solutions.
- Resilience, Innovation, and Skills: ComPAct empowers national administrations to be more resilient, innovative, and equipped with essential skills.
- Administrative Modernisation: By advocating for overarching principles, ComPAct supports the modernisation of public administration, aligning with the digital era’s demands.
- EU Skills Agenda and Digital Decade: ComPAct aligns with the EU Skills Agenda, supports the European Year of Skills, and targets 100% online accessibility for key public services by 2030.
- 2030 Climate and Energy Targets: ComPAct shapes conditions for Member States to achieve ambitious climate and energy targets by 2030.
- Support for EU Enlargement Countries: ComPAct extends support to EU enlargement countries, guiding them in building robust public administrations.
Responding to Calls for Cooperation:
ComPAct directly responds to calls for cooperation and policy dialogue from Member States, the European Parliament, and the Committee of the Regions. It addresses citizens’ expectations of streamlined, transparent, and citizen-centric public administrations.
All in all, ComPAct is the European Commission’s strategic initiative for a more efficient and responsive European Administrative Space. It not only equips administrations for current challenges but also positions them to thrive in the future, fostering collaboration and innovation.
For more information about ComPAct please visit the European Commission´s website.
If you would like to read more about the ComPAct initiative click here.