What is most important for you? What does it mean to live in the Danube Region for you? The Danube Strategy aims at strengthen the visibility of young people in the Danube Region. Hence the Danube Strategy Point organises a photo competition for young people between 18 and 28 years old.
The participants have the chance to visualise how young people view their perspectives in the Danube Region in the areas of environment, travelling and mobility, cultural and historical heritage, possibilities of learning and working, doing business, getting involved in improving communities by taking part in decision-making processes etc.
You can submit your photo until 31 August 2022.
● to raise awareness among the young people regarding the natural and man-made opportunities in the Danube Region through images of the area in which they reside,
● to capitalise the importance that the EUSDR grants to the young generations.
Contest description and rules:
The contest aims to capture the young people’s vision about their future through photos / graphic design / mind maps they may take, design, edit or create, inspired by their own perception of things. (Note: For pictures taken from real life, the place should be mentioned.)
The theme for the photo contest is Picture your future in the Danube Region. The participants shall illustrate their ideas about their future in the Danube Region, in relation to environment, travelling and mobility, cultural and historical heritage, possibilities of learning and working, doing business, getting involved in improving communities by taking part in decision-making processes by using a picture – taken, edited or created as graphic design – or mind map.
Eligible participants: The contest is open to young people from 18 to 28.
Each participant shall submit only one (1) photo / graphic design / mind map entry, further named as “picture” and each entry should be accompanied by a copyright mention. The entry to be submitted shall be in JPEG or PNG format.
The following information shall be submitted at the same time with the photo / graphic design / mind map: name & surname of the applicant, age, country.
Deadline of Submission: August 31, 2022, e-mail: email@example.com
● Adherence/ appropriateness to theme – The content of the picture shall be relevant for the theme.
● Inspirational Power – Each picture shall deliver a meaningful message – behind every photo is a story.
● Innovative Means of Delivering Message – Uniqueness of concept – each picture shall be unique in its own way, expressing originality and creativity.
● Composition – The composition shall be skilful and dynamic – each picture shall have compositional or creative elements such as best selected colours, light leading lines, subject placement.
1. FIRST PRIZE: backpack, wireless headphones, wireless phone charger, eco pen, clock, raincoat, USB stick
2. SECOND PRIZE: backpack, wireless headphones, eco pen, clock, USB stick, raincoat
3. THIRD PRIZE: backpack, wireless phone charger, eco pen, clock, USb stick, raincoat
Voting and prize awarding:
For about 6 weeks, potential participants will send their creations to DSP at firstname.lastname@example.org. After the deadline, the voting process will start.
The voting process will be split into two:
– criteria for judging (75%), performed by TRIO representatives
– online voting (25%), by using the LIKE button, performed by EUSDR Facebook community.
In this way, the competition can benefit from an objective evaluation coming from a committee that observes the selection criteria and the EUSDR Facebook page increases its visibility among the circles of the participants in the contest.
Winners will be announced on the EUSDR Facebook page.
The winners will be asked to provide their full postal address for receiving the prize. The Facebook link where the pictures are available will be disseminated to the EUSDR Facebook community.
In about 2 weeks from the announcement of the winners, the prizes will be shipped to their postal addresses.