PHOTO: MARKUS SPISKE | UNSPLASH
The European Union has launched the Second Call for Proposals for European Urban Initiative – Innovative Actions (EUI-IA), providing an indicative budget of 120 million EUR from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). The call aims to support innovative projects focusing on three key themes: “Greener Cities”, “Sustainable Tourism” and “Harnessing Talent in Shrinking Cities”. If you have a ground-breaking project idea that aligns with these themes, this is your chance to secure funding and contribute to sustainable development across Europe.
EUI-IA Call Details
The second EUI-IA call for proposals is already open and can be submitted until 5 October 2023 at 14:00 CEST. Applicants should note that the maximum project duration for selected projects is 3.5 years. More information about the Call can be found here.
Topics of the call
- Greening cities: projects to test green infrastructure solutions in European cities, addressing biodiversity, pollution and climate issues.
- Sustainable tourism: supporting long-term green and digital transformation in the tourism sector, promoting diversification and resilience.
- Harnessing talent in shrinking cities: Solutions to retain and attract talent in shrinking cities to address economic and social challenges.
– Call launch: May 2023
– Applicant seminars: June – July 2023
– End of the call: 5 October 2023
– Evaluation of applications: May 2024
– Announcement of selected projects: May 2024
How to apply and get support
The submission of the application form is completely paperless and can be done via the EUI’s Electronic Exchange Platform (EEP). To prepare your application, you can consult the comprehensive EUI-IA Guide online. In addition, applicant seminars, online Q&As and one-to-one consultations with the EUI Permanent Secretariat are available to provide further support and clarification.
To request an online one-to-one meeting, please register using the online form here and a member of the Permanent Secretariat will contact you via email to confirm your meeting.
Submit your innovative project proposals through the EUI’s electronic exchange platform and take the chance to secure funding and drive positive change in Europe’s urban landscapes.
Let’s create a greener and more sustainable future together.